The Lying Leper

He speaks the truth!

Friday, October 28, 2005

The tiny man amongst giant machines

This may well sound a little paranoid, but I think the world is slowly but surely being taken over by evil souless machines hell-bent on our destruction.

Its just that when i make my daily midday walk to the bus stop to get to university, I never see any people. ANY people. At all. Granted, most are at work being productive at this hour of a weekday. However there are definately a lot of cars zooming past, the roads are packed full of them. I am the only person I ever see outside, yet am surrounded by vehicles rushing by.

I just get this odd feeling during the walk that I'm the only person left on the planet, a tiny little man living in this giant society of machines. You know, that they just havent noticed me yet.


But what happens when they do?



When I actually get on the bus, well the people in there....might as well be machines really. Its so wierd, the way people act like there is no one else on the bus. Everyone sits around ignoring everybody else, not even that eye contact, you know, that basic acknowlegment that you exist. Now I'm not advocating awkward bus chatter- like sex talk with the scruffy twitching guy with his hand down his pants. No, not even supporting innane weather-centred conversations. Just a bit of interaction would be healthy methinks. If everyone (including me) could pull their headphones off, drag their eyes up from their feet and have a laugh with someone they've never met and probably won't bump into ever again.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Max,
When will you learn? It's not that people are around you are avoiding interaction with each other...they just don't want to interact with you.
The truth hurts. But the music of The Artist Formerly Known as Prince hurts more.

Love,
Me

5:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home